Allegany County’s Mountain Maryland is seeking photos for their NEW, annual, 2018 Photo Contest.
The spirit of the Allegheny Mountains contain secret stories worth telling, and a picture is worth 1,000 words. Share images from life in Allegany County, Maryland, or from your recent getaway experience. Allegany County’s Mountain Maryland is seeking photos that tell the county’s story of culture, lifestyle, and recreation during the First Annual 2018 Mountain Maryland Photo Contest. Enter your photos for a chance to win cash prizes in the four categories listed below. 1st through 3rd place will be awarded in each category. The contest will run from April 2 – October 31, 2018.
Read Press Release
- Arts and Entertainment: Allegany County boasts a lively art and entertainment scene including two state-designated Arts and Entertainment Districts in Cumberland and Frostburg. This category serves to document events, festivals, activities, nightlife, art, music, and entertainment in Allegany County.
- History and Heritage: The foundation of Allegany County’s history and heritage lies largely in transportation, between the National Road, C&O Canal, Western Maryland Railway, and the recently completed Great Allegheny Passage. The county is full of stories, mountain lore, and heritage that makes us uniquely us. This category serves to document Allegany County’s rich history.
- Active Outdoor Recreation: From trail riding on the Great Allegheny Passage, stand-up paddle boarding, and canoeing at Rocky Gap State Park, to hiking in Green Ridge State Forest, Allegany County has plenty of opportunities to play in the outdoors. This category serves to capture the community and visitors active in the outdoors. These shots should feature people in movement and recreation in the outdoors.
- Nature and Scenic Landscapes: Public lands, historic architecture, streetscapes, overlooks, waterways, and more, Allegany County, Maryland, has many scenic landscapes. Show us your favorite views of Allegany County’s backdrop.
Cash prizes to be awarded in each category for the following amounts.
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $100
3rd Place: $75
How to Enter:
- Please complete the entry form below.
- Please attached one high-quality photo per submission. Each submission should be sent separately.
Note: Files must be named following this format: “Photographer’s First-Name-Last-Name_Photograph-Subject_Photograph-Location” (e.g. John-Henry_Dans-Rock_Frostburg-MD)
- Please review contest rules below before submitting.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to participate in the contest.
- The applicant acknowledges that any persons appearing in submitted photograph(s) have given the applicant and Allegany County Tourism consent for reproduction and promotional use.
- Only photos that were taken in and of Allegany County, Maryland, will be eligible.
- Photo(s) must be submitted in the high-quality format: .jpeg format, 300dpi minimum.
- Photo(s) must be submitted in full color.
- The following will result in disqualification:
- Black and white photo(s).
- Collages, composite images, and images that have been digitally transformed with special effects.
- Use of watermarks.
- Files must be named following this format: “Photographer’s First-Name-Last-Name_Photograph-Subject_Photograph-Location” (e.g. John-Henry_Dans-Rock_Frostburg-MD). Photos failing to be formatted properly will be disqualified.
- You may submit an unlimited number of photos for the contest.
- No photographs from previous contests will be accepted.
- We may disqualify any submission for failing to comply with contest rules.
- By submitting the entry form you agree to the contest rules listed above. The applicant also agrees that all photography submitted shall become the property of Allegany County Tourism, and Allegany County Tourism reserves the non-exclusive right to use the photo(s) in publications or for promotional purposes. By submitting the entry and photo(s), the applicant also acknowledges that any persons appearing in the submitted photo(s) have given the applicant and Allegany County Tourism consent for reproduction and promotional use.
Please direct any questions regarding the 2018 Mountain Maryland Photo Contest to email@example.com with a subject line: Mountain Maryland 2018 Photo Contest.