Love is in the air, the Mountain Maryland air that is!
Allegany County’s Mountain Maryland features a variety of lodging accommodations and romance packages fit for travel for two, as well as a list of area restaurants and boutique shopping experiences offering special promotions that you will love!
This Valentine’s Day, fall in love with all that Mountain Maryland has to offer.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Allegany County Office of Tourism
701 Kelly Road
Cumberland, MD 21502
P 301-777-ALCO (2526) X 126
Cupid-Approved Valentine’s and Romance Packages in Allegany County, Maryland
Themed lodging packages start at $99.
January 23, 2018 – CUMBERLAND, MD – Love is in the air! Well, Mountain Maryland air, that is. Allegany County’s Mountain Maryland offers a variety of romance-themed travel experiences available Valentine’s Day and through February.
- Love of Trains Package – The Fairfield Inn & Suites in Cumberland, Maryland, has partnered with the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad to offer a Valentine’s Day dinner and overnight package. Guests can enjoy dinner for two on board one of Western Maryland’s Scenic Railroad’s heritage dining cars. The dinner, which is stationary overlooking the Potomac River, includes a four-course meal and complimentary bottle of wine. Accommodations at the Fairfield Inn & Suites are within walking distance of the train station and include complimentary breakfast the following morning and a 1 pm late check-out. Package is available February 14, 2018. Rates start at $300.Can’t join on Valentine’s Day? The Fairfield Inn & Suites and the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad have partnered for two weeks in February with a Romance on the Rails Package. The package includes train tickets for two, a Valentine’s Dinner on the railroad, and a three-hour excursion from Cumberland to Frostburg and back. At Frostburg Depot, guests can play the WMSR version of the Newlywed Game! Package is available select dates in February and rates start at $458. Please contact the Fairfield Inn & Suites at (301) 876-6037, or book online at fairfieldcumberland.com.
- Ramada Inn Downtown’s Valentine’s Day Package – You may choose a traditional romantic dinner at one of Cumberland’s many restaurants, plan a quirky date night at Mr. Toad’s Pottery, which is offering a Valentine’s Day paint night for couples, or choose to appreciate the vibrant arts within Cumberland’s Arts & Entertainment district, at the Allegany Arts Council’s Arts for Sweethearts showcase. No matter what you choose, all are within walking distance of the Ramada Inn Downtown, which is offering overnight accommodations, a bottle of champagne, chocolate and strawberries, and complimentary breakfast the next morning. Package is valid select dates in February. Rates start at $99.Upgrade to their Deluxe Valentine’s Day Package, which includes Valentine’s Day Package offerings plus two complimentary drinks at Harrigan’s Lounge and a dinner discount coupon to one of Cumberland’s local restaurants. Please contact the Ramada Inn Downtown at (301) 724-8800, or book online at wyndhamhotels.com.
- Romance Package at Allegheny Trail House – Registered as a historic property, the “Shaffer House” is finding new life as Allegheny Trail House, Frostburg’s first and only farm-to-table bed and breakfast. Experience the charm of this new B&B with their Romance Package, featuring two-nights’ accommodations, a champagne and chocolate arrival amenity, and a $25 gift certificate to SHiFT restaurant, which was recently named Best Farm-To-Table-Restaurant by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine. Package is available February 9 – 18, 2018. Rates start at $200. Please contact the Allegheny Trail House at (242) 580-9795, or book online at alleghenytrailhouse.com.
- Spa Package at Rocky Gap Casino Resort – Treat you and your partner to a rejuvenating and relaxing spa session at the Spa at Rocky Gap Casino Resort. Package includes overnight accommodations and one back, neck, and shoulder massage per person. Once you are done being pampered, head to the region’s Casino for gaming and nightlife. Package available based on availability. Rates start at $274. Please contact Rocky Gap Casino Resort at (800) 724-0828, or book online at rockygapcasino.com. Spa appointment MUST be booked in advance. Use promo code “SPA” to book your stay.
- Valentine’s Package with Comfort Inn and Suites – Looking for a middle ground location between romantic events and dinners available in Frostburg and Cumberland? The Comfort Inn and Suites in LaVale, Maryland, features a rose petal turndown service, complimentary bottle of sparkling cider, assorted chocolates, and a complimentary 2 pm late check-out. Package is available February 9 – 17, 2018. Rates start at $113. Please contact the Comfort Inn and Suites at (301) 729-6400, or book online at choicehotels.com/hotel/MD145.
- Valentine’s Package with Hampton Inn, Frostburg –The city of Frostburg has a vibrant, hip Main Street community with four area restaurants and bars who were recent recipients of the Blue Ridge Outdoors Best of Awards: Clatter Coffee (Best Coffee Shop), Dante’s Bar (Best Bar) SHiFT (Best Farm-to-Table Restaurant) and Toasted Goat Winery (Best Winery). Enjoy a culinary Valentine’s Day! Package includes overnight accommodations, complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, complimentary hot breakfast and a late check-out. Package is available February 9 – 17, 2018. Rates start at $129. Please contact the Hampton Inn, Frostburg at (301) 689-1998, or book online at hamptoninn3.hilton.com.
Special dinners and events are also taking place across the county. For a full listing, please visit www.mdmountainside.com/calendar, and for a full list of area lodging options, please visit www.mdmountainside.com/category/lodging.
Allegany County Tourism
Allegany County Tourism is the official tourism office for Allegany County, Maryland. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging options, and community events can be found at www.mdmountainside.com.